(Updates with joint statement, background, analyst comment) By Benoit Van Overstraeten and Poornima Gupta PARIS, Sept 27 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. will continue talks until mid-October with Renault-Nissan aimed at creating a global alliance, both sides said in a joint statement on Wednesday after their chief executives met. GM CEO Rick Wagoner met on the eve of the Paris auto show with Carlos Ghosn, who heads both Renault SA and Japan's Nissan Motor Co. , both sides confirmed. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Renault-Nissan, GM CEOs meet, confirm Oct deadline" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.