(Adds quotes, details) By Peter Apps JOHANNESBURG, June 27 (Reuters) - South African workers staged a one-day strike hitting transport, mining and car production on Monday, with tens of thousands taking to the streets to vent their anger against joblessness and poverty. Umbrella union group COSATU, an alliance partner of the ruling African National Congress (ANC), said the government and private firms should do more to create jobs, support local industry and buy South African goods. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-S.Africans strike against job cuts, poverty" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.