(Adds CEO comments, updates share) By Niklas Pollard and Johannes Hellstrom STOCKHOLM, July 25 (Reuters) - Earnings at truck maker Scania jumped an unexpectedly large 47 percent to a record level as the company forecast gains in full-year earnings despite flagging demand in its biggest market. Friday's report sent Scania's shares up 5.8 percent by 1519 GMT, easily outperforming a 0.3 percent gain in the broader market . Europe's fifth-largest manufacturer of heavy trucks posted a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Scania surprises with record Q2 as demand softens" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.