(Adds Shanghai Automotive, union comments, updates shares) By Lee Bong-hyun and Kim Kyoung-wha SEOUL, July 23 (Reuters) - Creditors of South Korea's Ssangyong Motor on Friday picked China's Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. as preferred bidder to buy a $360 million majority stake in the sports utility vehicle maker. Ssangyong has been up for sale since creditors took control of the debt-ridden Korean auto maker in 1999, when its parent Daewoo Group failed under a mountain of debt. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Shanghai Auto named top bidder for Ssangyong Motor" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.