(Recasts with details of U.S. Steel plans, adds closing stock price) By Frank Pingue TORONTO, Nov 24 (Reuters) - United States Steel Corp. said on Wednesday it will evaluate a possible bid for Stelco Inc. , Canada's biggest steelmaker, which is currently under bankruptcy protection. If U.S. Steel decides to join the hunt for Stelco, it would add to a list that includes Russia's OAO Severstal and a proposal from GMP Capital and GE Capital Canada. "We did file the necessary paperwork ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Stelco could attract new bid from U.S. Steel" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.