(Adds analyst comments, CEO briefing, updates shares) By Daniel Morrissey SYDNEY, Aug 19 (Reuters) - Insurance Australia Group Ltd. (IAG), the country's biggest home and car insurer, posted a smaller-than-expected 14 percent rise in annual profit, squeezed by losses on storm claims and price cutting, and warned of tougher competition ahead. Investors took the results and the company's comments about "increasingly aggressive price competition" by local and offshore rivals as a reason to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Storms hit Australia's IAG year profit growth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.