(adds background, updates share price) By Hendrik Sackmann STUTTGART, Germany, Dec 28 (Reuters) - Swedish buyout firm EQT on Wednesday won the race to buy DaimlerChrysler's heavy diesel motor unit MTU Friedrichshafen and parts of its Detroit Diesel unit for 1.6 billion euros ($1.9 billion). EQT beat two other short-listed bidders, the team of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts and Dubai International Capital, once seen as front-runners, and German truckmaker MAN . "As the prices under ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Sweden's EQT wins race to buy Daimler's MTU unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.