* Pays 'maximum penalty' for handling of steering, brake problems * Fines stem from two separate probes into recalls * Regulators say Toyota did not make timely disclosures * Toyota says looks forward to more constructive relationship with gov't * Toyota shares up 0.9 pct in Tokyo (Adds investigative details, analysts' comment) By John Crawley WASHINGTON, Dec 20 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp has agreed to pay $32.4 million in fines related to two investigations of the automaker's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Toyota agrees to $32 mln fine in US safety probe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.