* Toyota says up to 270,000 units subject to review * Says engine may stall but no reports of accidents * Lexus recall would be second since Friday (Adds company comment) TOKYO, July 1 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp said on Thursday it is considering taking steps to eliminate possible engine failure in as many as 270,000 cars, as the world's largest automaker continues to ramp up its safety oversight following a string of recalls. The company is considering "some kind of measure", ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Toyota mulling fix for possible engine defect" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642