(Adds analyst comment, byline, CNH surcharge.) By James B. Kelleher CHICAGO, June 23 (Reuters) - United Parcel Service Inc warned on Monday that second-quarter earnings would be below expectations, blaming high fuel prices and a sluggish U.S. economy. The announcement from the world's largest package delivery company came less than a week after rival FedEx Corp issued a weak fiscal 2009 forecast and posted a quarterly loss, also citing rising fuel prices and an ailing economy. UPS ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-UPS slashes view on soaring fuel costs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.