* Senate could act next week, passage not assured * Dealers say plan has broken downward sales spiral * Ford Motor shares up nearly 8 pct (Recasts with House vote, comments from Obama, Senate, analysts) By John Crawley and Kevin Krolicki WASHINGTON/DETROIT (Reuters) - The successful "Cash for Clunkers" program that gives drivers a rebate to turn in an old car to buy a new one moved closer to being extended on Friday when the U.S. House approved $2 billion for the program, which a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-US Congress tries to extend autos "clunkers" plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642