(Adds Defense Authorization bill in paragraphs 19-21) By Andy Sullivan WASHINGTON, Sept 24 (Reuters) - The U.S. House of Representatives on Wednesday funded a $25 billion loan package for troubled automakers as part of a mammoth spending bill to keep the government running through March 2009, but the legislation did not extend a ban on offshore oil drilling. The spending bill, which passed by a vote of 370 to 58, is needed to keep the government operating after the fiscal year expires ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-US House passes funding bill with loans for automakers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.