(Recasts, adds details of Visteon-Ford deal and updates stock price) By Poornima Gupta DETROIT, May 24 (Reuters) - Ailing auto parts supplier Visteon Corp. will offer buyouts to 5,000 workers and transfer hourly employees represented by the United Auto Workers union to former parent Ford Motor Co. as part of a restructuring plan, a local UAW official said on Tuesday. Also, as part of the deal, Visteon will transfer 13 U.S. plants to a limited liability company controlled by Ford and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Visteon to move UAW workers to Ford, offer buyouts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.