(Adds management comments from conference call) By Christiaan Hetzner FRANKFURT, July 27 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG , the world's fourth biggest carmaker, beat forecasts with a near 50 percent rise in adjusted second-quarter operating profit helped by a recovery in its core VW brand, driving its shares sharply higher. Underscoring that its long-troubled core VW brand is slowly turning the corner, the group said on Thursday that the VW Brand Group quarterly profit finally overtook those ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Volkswagen beats expectations in Q2, shares soar" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642