* Volkswagen spending $550 mln on engine plant in Silao * Production to supply U.S. and Mexican factories * VW to boost current U.S. sales by three by 2018 (Updates with Calderon quote, detail from Volkswagen) By Tomas Sarmiento and Alexandria Sage MEXICO CITY, Sept 22 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG will invest $550 million in developing a new engine facility in Mexico to supply parts to two of its North American plants, the German automaker said on Wednesday. The Silao, Guanajuato ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Volkswagen builds new engine plant in Mexico" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.