(Adds new analyst and union comments, closing share price) By Christiaan Hetzner FRANKFURT, Sept 27 (Reuters) - Volkswagen took another step towards freeing itself from onerous legacy costs on Tuesday, winning concessions from its organised labour that further weaken VW's expensive in-house German wage accord. In return, Europe's largest carmaker said it would build the upcoming Golf sport utility vehicle (SUV) Marrakesh at its main German plant in Wolfsburg, securing about 1,000 jobs. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Volkswagen forges agreement to lower labour costs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.