(Adds management and new analyst comments) By Christiaan Hetzner FRANKFURT, April 28 (Reuters) - The turnaround at Volkswagen AG's core VW brand badly lagged market expectations on Friday even as the world's fourth-largest carmaker increased first-quarter operating profit by 55 percent. The news sent VW shares down more than 5 percent just a day after DaimlerChrysler stock declined sharply following a poor set of quarterly results, as investor confidence in the pace of the sector's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Volkswagen stock falls as Q1 badly lags estimates" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642