(Adds quotes, details from analysts' call, closing share price) By Christiaan Hetzner FRANKFURT, April 30 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG shrugged off a sharp fall in first quarter earnings on Friday, saying demand for its new Golf V model would help drive an improvement in operating profits in the coming months. "For the second quarter, we expect a significant improvement in (operating) profits over the first quarter," Chief Financial Officer Hans Dieter Poetsch told an analysts' conference ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Volkswagen upbeat on new Golf as Q1 profit plunges" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.