(Adds details, comments from news conference) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia auto correspondent TOKYO, March 21 (Reuters) - World number-two truck maker Volvo AB said on Tuesday it had bought a 13 percent stake in Nissan Diesel Motor Co. for 1.5 billion Swedish crowns ($195 million) to strengthen its Asian operations. The stake sale, by the Japanese truck maker's car-making affiliate Nissan Motor Co. , is at a discount of about 14 percent to stock market value, according to Reuters data. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Volvo buys Nissan Diesel stake for Asia growth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.