(Adds shares, analyst quotes, details from conference call) By Patrick McLoughlin STOCKHOLM, Oct 23 (Reuters) - The world's number-two truck maker AB Volvo beat expectations with its quarterly profits on Thursday, helped by cost savings, and raised its industry-wide forecast for west European sales of heavy trucks this year. Volvo shares climbed more than seven percent on the news. Pre-tax profit came in at 1.3 billion Swedish crowns ($169.5 million) compared with a forecast of 940 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Volvo profit soars, raises Europe sales forecast" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642