(Adds more analyst comment, detail) By Nick Tattersall FRANKFURT, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Volkswagen said on Wednesday its profits would probably more than halve this year after weak demand, a strong euro and the cost of cutting jobs in Brazil hammered its third-quarter earnings. Europe's biggest car maker earned more in the third quarter from its financial services business than it did from selling cars, with group operating profit falling 57 percent to 510 million euros ($597 million), ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-VW sees 2003 profit halving after weak quarter" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.