(Adds analyst comment) By Edwina Gibbs TOKYO, July 29 (Reuters) - Yamaha Motor Co. Ltd. , the world's No. 2 motorcycle maker, posted a big jump in quarterly profit on Thursday, with healthy sales of chip-mounting robots putting it on track to beat its earnings targets. And while Yamaha will not review its longer-term outlook until after the second quarter, an upward revision looks highly likely. Executive officer for finance Hiroshi Tanaka said any review would reflect the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 3-Yamaha Motor likely to beat targets after Q1 jump" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.