(Recasts first sentence, updates stock activity) By Susan Kelly CHICAGO, Sept 25 (Reuters) - With the economy stalled, more Americans appear to be rolling up their sleeves and fixing their own aging cars, a surge in earnings at the No. 1 auto parts retailer suggests. AutoZone Inc. , the nation's largest chain of automotive replacement parts stores, posted sharply higher quarterly earnings on Wednesday, fueled by demand from consumers who do their own car repairs. The company, which ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 4-Aging vehicles drive AutoZone earnings higher" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.