(Recasts first paragraph, updates with closing stock price) DETROIT, Sept 22 (Reuters) - Auto retailer CarMax Inc. on Monday said its quarterly profit rose 25 percent on strong used-vehicle sales, but its shares fell after the company lowered earnings estimates for the current quarter. CarMax President and Chief Executive Officer Austin Ligon said the estimated impact of Hurricane Isabel and somewhat softer-than-expected sales in early September also caused the company to lower its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 4-CarMax earnings rise, but shares fall on outlook" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.