* $843 mln to upgrade Kokomo plants, retain 2,250 jobs * Investment pending Kokomo city tax abatements * Chrysler partners with ZF Group for new transmission * Obama and Biden pay a visit (Adds quotes from Chrysler CEO; edits) By Deepa Seetharaman KOKOMO, Ind., Nov 23 (Reuters) - Chrysler Group LLC said on Tuesday it planned $843 million of improvements at its Kokomo, Indiana plants that will build new more fuel efficient transmissions, retaining about 2,250 jobs. The No. 3 U.S. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 4-Chrysler to improve Kokomo plants, preserve jobs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642