(Recasts paragraphs 2-3) By Mark Thompson and Steve James FRANKFURT/NEW YORK, April 28 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler Chief Executive Juergen Schrempp declined to comment on Wednesday on reports he offered to resign last week because of his stumbling plans to build a global automotive empire. Asked if he was preparing to step down as he left a plush hotel in New York, Schrempp said only, "I'm late for a meeting," as he prepared to climb into a chauffeur-driven company car. "The sun will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 4-Daimler CEO declines comment on resignation offer" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.