(Adds detail on Canada layoffs, Ford board action; updates with closing stock price) By Kevin Krolicki and David Bailey DETROIT, May 22 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co warned on Thursday that it no longer expected to meet a key target of returning to profitability in 2009 and would cut production through this year in response to a slumping U.S. auto market. The news sent Ford shares down 8 percent as investors came to terms with the first major setback for the No. 2 U.S. automaker since ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 4-Ford abandons '09 profit goal, recovery sputters" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.