(Adds additional analyst and CEO comments, bond price and updates stock price) By Poornima Gupta DETROIT, April 26 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. posted a narrower-than-expected loss on Thursday, helped by cost-cutting and improved results from its European and luxury vehicle operations, sending its shares and bonds up sharply. The results, which marked Ford's seventh consecutive unprofitable quarter, were far better than Wall Street expectations and brought the struggling automaker closer ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 4-Ford results beat estimates, shares rise" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.