(Adds details from conference call, analyst comment, updates stock price) By Poornima Gupta DETROIT, Nov 29 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. said on Wednesday about 38,000 employees -- about half its U.S. factory work force -- have accepted buyout offers, but the company sees a cash drain of $17 billion from 2007 to 2009. Also, Ford expects a deterioration in overall results next year because of decreased earnings at its finance arm and increased interest costs related to higher debt levels. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 4-Ford says 38,000 accept buyouts, sees cash drain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.