(Adds more reaction in paragraphs 7-10) By Daniel Morrissey MANCHESTER, England, Nov 25 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co is paying an "incredible penalty" for Britain's absence from the European single currency and its UK competitiveness will be hurt if the nation does not join, the auto giant said on Monday. Ford President and Chief Operating Officer Nick Scheele told Britain's top business conference that every minute Britain delays adopting the euro is hurting the UK-based manufacturing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 4-Ford says pays penalty of UK absence from euro" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.