(Adds background, analyst quotes, stock price) By Jui Chakravorty DETROIT, July 31 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. on Tuesday said it swung to a quarterly profit that trounced Wall Street estimates as it benefited from cost-cutting and growing sales overseas, sending its shares higher. GM posted a second-quarter profit of $891 million against a massive $3.4-billion loss a year ago, bolstered by gains in Europe, Latin America and Asia, sales of higher-margin vehicles and a one-time, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 4-GM beats second-quarter estimates, shares gain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.