(Adds stock and bond prices, comment from locals) By Kevin Krolicki and Nick Carey DETROIT, Sept 24 (Reuters) - The United Auto Workers union set a firm Monday morning deadline to reach a contract with General Motors Corp and threatened to send 73,000 GM factory workers on strike if no deal is reached. The strike deadline raised the stakes in the closely watched labor talks after a weekend of bargaining brought the two sides close to a historic cost-cutting deal for the automaker. GM ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 4-GM faces strike deadline; markets see a deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.