(Adds detail, updates share price, recasts) By Kevin Krolicki and David Bailey DETROIT, April 30 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp posted a narrower-than-expected quarterly loss on Wednesday as sales gains in Asia and Latin America overshadowed a slump in the U.S. market, sending its shares up 13 percent. The No. 1 U.S. automaker fell to a net loss of $3.25 billion, or $5.74 per share, from a year-earlier profit, reflecting the impact of a costly supplier strike and waning demand in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 4-GM posts $3 bln loss, shares jump as worse avoided" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642