(Adds background, updates stock price) By Michael Ellis DETROIT, Jan 20 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. on Tuesday posted better-than-expected quarterly profit on record earnings from its finance operations and gave a surprisingly strong outlook for this year. GM, the world's largest automaker, said its finance unit, GMAC, once again earned more than its North American automotive operations, but both posted stronger fourth-quarter results than Wall Street had forecast. "Although the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 4-GM profit tops estimates, boosted by finance" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642