(Updates to midafternoon in New York) By Nick Trevethan LONDON, May 31 (Reuters) - Gold fell in afternoon trade on Wednesday, under pressure from falling oil prices and a firmer dollar with near-term sentiment precariously balanced, dealers said. "We are on a knife-edge. Energy prices and the dollar are deciding where the price goes and we are monitoring things very closely," a fund source said. Spot gold was $644.40/$645.20 late in New York versus $656.80/657.60 previously. Oil ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 4-Gold falls on weak oil, dollar rises" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.