(Adds fund manager comment, closing share price) By Kim Kyoung-wha SEOUL, April 29 (Reuters) - Hyundai Motor Co, South Korea's top auto maker, reported an 11 percent rise in quarterly net profit on Thursday, but heavy discounts to sell an ageing U.S. model lineup hit operating profits and disappointed investors. Hyundai shares fell more than five percent after it reported operating profit fell 27 percent because of a squeeze on U.S. margins and higher steel costs. Net profit was higher ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 4-Hyundai Q1 profit disappoints, U.S. margins squeezed" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642