(Adds analyst's remarks, call details, updates stock) By David Bailey CHICAGO, April 22 (Reuters) - Auto interiors supplier Lear Corp. on Friday said quarterly earnings plunged 83 percent because of Ford and GM output cuts and higher materials costs, and it slashed its full-year earnings outlook. Lear, whose shares fell 8.6 percent, said sharp production declines on vehicles for which it provides many parts, particularly sport utility vehicles, hurt results. One of the more agile ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 4-Lear earnings plunge, slashes 2005 outlook" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.