(Adds analyst, CSU comment, updates exit polls) By Madeline Chambers MUNICH, Germany, Sept 28 (Reuters) - German conservatives in the southern state of Bavaria suffered their worst result in half a century in a regional vote on Sunday, dealing a blow to Chancellor Angela Merkel ahead of a 2009 federal election. The Christian Social Union (CSU), the Bavarian sister party to Merkel's Christian Democrats (CDU), saw its support slide to 43 percent, according exit polls from German public ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 4-Merkel allies suffer big losses in Bavaria vote" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.