(Adds comments from news conference) TOKYO, Nov 28 (Reuters) - Japanese chip maker NEC Electronics Corp plans to halve the number of chip production units it runs in Japan in 2008, part of its efforts to cut costs as it shifts to more cost-effective smaller circuitry. The loss-making company, 70-percent-owned by NEC Corp , has been closing old production lines and slashing outsourcing costs and salaries. It is also seeking production alliances with other firms for liquid crystal display ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 4-NEC Electronics to merge production units" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642