(adds comments from conference call, Fitch, closing shares) By Jo Winterbottom MILAN, April 23 (Reuters) - Italian car maker Fiat boosted trading profit at its auto unit almost four-fold in the first quarter, beating forecasts, as it squeezed more money from a rise in sales of its smaller city cars like the Panda. Fiat said in a statement on Monday it was lifting its guidance for the year to the top end of its range and expected to cut net debt below 1 billion euros ($1.36 billion) by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 4-New Fiat models help Q1 profit trump expectations" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.