(Adds POSCO, Sumitomo Metal forecasts) By Yuk-o Inoue TOKYO, July 30 (Reuters) - Nippon Steel Corp. and JFE Holdings Inc. on Monday booked strong quarterly profits on higher prices, raising prospects Japan's top two steel makers' earnings could gain further momentum this year. But high raw materials and depreciation costs look to limit growth at Sumitomo Metal Industries Ltd. and Kobe Steel Ltd. , which rely less on booming car sheet production than the bigger two rivals. South ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 4-Nippon Steel, JFE report strong Q1 profit gains" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642