(Adds analyst comment) CHICAGO, Jan 25 (Reuters) - Railroad operator Norfolk Southern Corp. on Wednesday posted better-than-expected fourth-quarter earnings on higher freight volumes and fuel surcharges, sending its shares up as much as 5.5 percent. The nation's railroads have seen demand and revenue soar in the past two years, due in part to hauling increased imports. Railroads introduced significant price increases in 2005 for the first time since deregulation of rail freight services ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 4-Norfolk Southern 4th-qtr net profit rises 37 pct" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.