(Adds sources, BaFin, analyst, updates shares) By Sylvia Westall FRANKFURT, Aug 21 (Reuters) - Ball bearings maker Schaeffler has won the battle for control of tyres-to-brakes firm Continental in a deal that paves the way to create the world's third-biggest car-industry supplier with sales of $50 billion. On Thursday, Continental management gave its blessing to Schaeffler's fait accompli that hands it control after the family-owned firm made a series of largely symbolic compromises. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 4-Schaeffler claims victory over Continental" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642