* Maximum penalty for handling of steering, brake problems * Regulators say Toyota did not make timely disclosures * Toyota sees 2011 U.S. sales up 9 pct, group global sales up 3 pct * Toyota shares gain 0.6 pct, in line with Tokyo market (Adds Toyota's sales plans for 2011) By John Crawley and Chang-Ran Kim WASHINGTON/TOKYO, Dec 21 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor has agreed to pay the maximum fine of $32.4 million related to two U.S. probes into its handling of a spate vehicle recalls ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 4-Toyota to pay maximum $32 mln fine in US safety probe" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.