(Adds CEO/CFO comment, detail on Brazil, hedging, trucks) By Nick Tattersall FRANKFURT, July 25 (Reuters) - Volkswagen said on Friday its core profits more than halved in the second quarter due to a strong euro, new product costs and slumping demand, but a rise in the value of its equity investments bolstered its pre-tax profit. Europe's biggest carmaker said operating profit fell to 616 million euros ($708 million) from 1.4 billion a year ago, mainly due to lower volumes in the U.S., ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 4-VW core profit halves,equity holdings boost pretax" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.