(Adds CEO quotes paragraphs 8-9, 14, board member, 21-23) By Michael Steen FRANKFURT, July 30 (Reuters) - Volkswagen AG , Europe's biggest carmaker, posted stronger-than-expected second-quarter earnings on Tuesday but bowed to what many saw as the inevitable and cut its profit outlook for the full year. Hit by shrinking markets in Europe, the United States and South America and only able to offer an ageing range of models, VW had come under increasing pressure to concede weakness. It ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 4-VW waters down outlook after strong Q2" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.