(Rewrites lead, adds details from Ford Europe conference call) By Chang-Ran Kim and Madeline Chambers TOKYO/FRANKFURT, Aug 27 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co , the world's second-largest automaker, tapped the head of its Japanese affiliate Mazda Motor Corp to steer its loss-making European arm through a turnaround programme. In a surprise announcement, Mazda said on Wednesday that Lewis Booth, who became president just over a year ago after running Ford's Asia-Pacific and Africa operations, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 5-Ford taps Mazda boss to run struggling Europe unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.