(Adds closing stock price; edits) By Ilaina Jonas NEW YORK, Aug 20 (Reuters) - General Growth Properties Inc. on Friday said it would buy Rouse Co. for $7.2 billion, adding such swank shopping centers as Chicago's Water Tower Place and Boston's Fanueil Hall to what is already the nation's second largest mall portfolio. Through the acquisition of Rouse, funded mostly by debt, General Growth will expand its geographic reach from New York to Hawaii and move into the planned-community ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 5-General Growth to buy Rouse for $7.2 billion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.