(Updates with New York closing prices) By Atul Prakash LONDON, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Fund buying lifted gold to a new 25-year peak and silver to its highest in 22 years on Tuesday as firm oil prices and political concerns focusing on Iran and the Middle East boosted metals' safe-haven appeal. Gold and silver were seen aiming to hit the next targets of $600 and $10 an ounce, respectively, in the coming weeks after rapidly rising this year and making impressive gains in 2005, dealers said. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 5-Gold spikes to new 25-year high, silver climbs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.