* Talks between Magna, GM, governments going well * Deal would shield Opel from GM bankruptcy * Fiat CEO says to focus on Chrysler deal (Recasts with German official, adds background) By Madeline Chambers and Gernot Heller BERLIN, May 29 (Reuters) - Talks aimed at securing an investor for carmaker Opel and shielding it from the imminent bankruptcy of its U.S. parent General Motors are going well, a German government official said on Friday. Earlier, Canadian auto parts group Magna ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 5-Movement seen in talks to save GM unit Opel" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.